Top Technology and Devices for the Work at Home OfficeHome > Top Products for the Work at Home Office > Top Technology and Devices
Update December 22, 2020
*Please note: This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Affiliate Disclosure regarding these links.*
The ability to work at home is only possible with the help of technology. At the very least, you will need a computer to perform your job. However, there are multiple computer accessories you may need to make your job easier.
For starters, of course, you need a monitor as well as a keyboard and mouse. I’ve put together separate lists of these products for you. Please visit Top Keyboards and Mice for the Work at Home Office and Top Monitors for the Work at Home Office to see some of the brands and options offered. If you need a headset, please visit Top Headsets and Phones for the Work at Home Office to see the best call center equipment brands available.
Once you have those accessories, there are more technology and devices you should consider to equip your home office. If you participate in video meetings, a quality webcam is a good investment in addition to a top-notch microphone and speakers. Don’t forget lighting accessories for looking great on video. A noise-canceling microphone can also be a necessity.
While most recent computer models are manufactured with lots of memory storage, an external hard drive may be necessary if you need extra storage or just need to have some files be portable.
To give you an idea of the computer accessory options that are available, I made a list of some the top products. You can find them below.
- Please note that when you click on any of the links, you will be taken to another website like Amazon.com to see more information about the item and given a chance to purchase it.
Note: You may have found that searching for products that fit your needs and preferences can be complicated by the numerous options available. Please check out the How to Set Up Your Work at Home Office section of this site for help in knowing what to look for when choosing your accessories.
- Full HD 1080p for clear video; compatible with most video calling platforms
- Built-in speakers and 2 omni-directional microphones; can be mounted on a laptop, monitor, or a tripod
- 78-degree field of view; autofocus; Automatically adjusts according to lighting conditions
- 4.7 out of 5 stars
- HD 720p; compatible with most video calling platforms
- Built-in noise reduction microphone; can be mounted to monitor or laptop
- Automatically adjusts to lighting conditions
- 4.5 out of 5 stars
- HD video up to 4K; certified compatible for Skype for Business, Zoom, and other popular video applications
- 2 built-in omni-directional microphones with noise cancellation; can be mounted on laptop, monitor, or tripod
- Autofocus; 5x zoom, pan, tilt; facial recognition; automatically adjusts for lighting conditions
- 4.6 out of 5 stars
- HD 1080p
- Built-in omni-directional noise-reduction microphone
- Automatically adjusts for lighting conditions; manual focus; rotatable
- 4.5 out of 5 stars
- Full HD 1080p
- Built-in stereo microphone with noise-reduction; privacy shutter; tripod included
- 80-degree field of view; automatically adjusts according to lighting conditions; auto-focus
- 4.4 out of 5 stars